This pie is bright green, cool, tart and refreshing…raw and Paleo! The avocado and coconut oil make it an exceptionally healthy option. You’ll never guess it’s based on avocado tasting it!
I tried several versions of this recipe and have melded different options into this one. I like to make 3-4 up in one batch and throw them into the freezer to have on-hand for guests. It has the nicest texture and is most refreshing when it is cut still partially frozen.
We prefer a nut crust, but if nuts are not an option for your family, substitute whatever crust you prefer.
3/4 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw walnuts
10 pitted dates
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (does not have to be key limes)
1 1/2 cup avocados
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
- In a food processor or blender, blend ingredients until they stick together. Don’t over-blend or you will make nut butter.
- Press firmly into pie plate.
- Chill in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- In a blender, blend all ingredients except the coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil. Blend again until creamy.
- Pour into your pie crust.
- Chill for several hours or until firm. Or freeze.